Thursday, October 27, 2005

"Stay Asleep" !


I care about my family , friends , neighbor's & I care about our future here in North America . Since I started my blog I've only had a few negative comments & e-mails , that's great , I don't mind . I love the attention ! The funny thing though these comments all came from one post "Kill Da Damm Gophers". Hmm.. That post really wasn't about fat golfers it was a rant on the environment . Ok a little dig at an arrogant "game"but it just goes to show you what some people really care about ..."Nothing important" ! I've worked in the "corporate mines" for 5 years and I'm a pretty good salesperson , no I'm a great salesperson ! In those years I've seen a big change in the range of quality in products being sold. Also the way this shit is being sold . Remember "American Made ". It was a sign of "great pride" & "quality goods ". Now the media & stores like Wallymart & Da Depot run down our craftsmanship . The media takes aim at our products like they are diseased . Ever read a consumers report & thought "wow we make crap , what's wrong with US & Canadian made products"? Don't tell me you haven't , cause you have & I have too ! Well the truth to be told is there's nothing wrong with our products in fact most are better than anything on the market . "Bullshit I read in Good Products Magazine Blahh blahhhh & I'll never buy that stuff again "! Man I hate yuppies & I despise their propaganda mags ! What a bunch of shit heads ! I had a yuppie family come in to shop at my place of business and just for fun I bet a associate I could sell them anything with just a few trigger words . I also bet I'd get them to put everything in their cart back on the shelves and buy what I said to buy . "Mean huh". "Tough"! "I think yuppies are dolts and fast asleep" ! I wont bore you with all the triggers I use but 3 of them are "Consumer Reports Magazine " This rag is a salesperson's nightmare or his best friend .
In reality "Consumer Reports" is just a marketing magazine paid for and by larger company's to move their wares . "Consumer Reports has marked this product as a Best buy"! "What the fuck is a best buy"? "Does the thing work or not and will it last"? These are the questions you should be asking and followed closely by "are parts readily available"? " What's the warranty & how do I get service on my warranty "? Needless to say this foolish couple didn't ask any of these questions . Lucky for them I'm a honest person 1st. and a greedy salesman way down the list . The products I sold them were longer lasting , with a better warranty at roughly the same price . By the way all were made in the North America ! When I sell a customer something I want to wake them up a little bit , by showing them how & where these products are made . I'll also inform them who really makes them . If you buy DeWalt your buying Black & Decker that's a product made in south east Asia , same plant... same goods.... no better ! If you buy a Price Pfister faucet your buying a Black & Decker product made by a company called Lota , a company who has ties in child labor . This company is a cover company of Home Depot . Sick! Da Depot is one of the worst company's to work for & to buy from . In the past this company was the leader in US goods with company's like "Ridgid" a company they pulled out of the fire when Sears closed Craftsman . Great story if you know it ! Now it's just the same old story of closed factory's & lost jobs to slave labor in the far east . Company's like Home Depot & Wal-mart want you to stay asleep to buy without conscience . "WAKE UP"!!! Don't buy from box stores ! Hey I work for one. Put me out of work ! If you do buy from one watch what you buy look at labels & ask questions . I for one will love to answer you . Honestly ! If the product is made in China put it back on the shelve . "DO YOU REALLY NEED IT" ? "I didn't think so" ! Kill that urge of buying things on compulsion . Doing these little things will inform these pirates that you want quality goods & made by American's . Doing these small deeds will keep your family & friends working & living better ! Thanx Wallycrawler .

1 Don't Just Sit There Say Sumthin !:

Anonymous said...

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Agreed with much of it (don't like Howard, he's a pig). Have lived a large part of it myself. Have bookmarked it for future ponderings on the life, the universe and everything.