Saturday, October 08, 2005

Learning The Hard Way .


I live in the north east & I like professional sports . The N.F.L. , The N.B.A. , M.L.B. and of course Women's Beach Volleyball . But what I love is the N.H.L. I love hockey ! In my youth hockey was my life . When I was a kid I was a pretty good player . I had some good opportunities to make it a career . But I blew it ! I had a real attitude problem with a big chip on my shoulders . Why ??? A junior scout told me , in confidence , that I had all the talent in the world and that a lot of scouts said I was at the top of their lists in that department . But nobody was going to take a chance on me because I was a hothead & there was no way to control me . That guy was right ! I wasn't a big kid 5'11" 160 lbs , but I couldn't control my temper . Anyway I watched guys with 1/2 my talent go up and succeed in JR. and onto the N.H.L. Anyhoo... I once read that if you didn't give it your all, you didn't want it badly enough . For awhile there I couldn't watch the game I really hated it ! Looking back I see why I was like that . I was afraid . I was afraid I wouldn't be good enough . I was also afraid if I worked that hard & didn't succeed I'd look foolish . So I self-destructed . I learnt by my mistakes & will never let fear control my life again ! So if your a young guy or gal with a gift don't let the opportunity slip by . Don't let fear of success [ or lack of success ] take control of your soul . Take the bull by the horns and ride ! "Hey if you fall get up & try again"! SA again Wallycrawler .

0 Don't Just Sit There Say Sumthin !: