Saturday, November 11, 2006

Remembrance Day





Never Forget .

11 Don't Just Sit There Say Sumthin !:

concerned citizen said...

Hey wally! nice post. I love that "Flanders Field" poem & the rest of the symbolism you have there. Some blogger turned me on to that poem a couple of months ago.it's one of the great ones.

wallycrawler said...

It's a poem children recite at school , in Canada , for the rememberance of our fallen troups all over the world .

concerned citizen said...

wally, come & see my tribute over at
kommandos blog! you gotta try it, it was so cool. :)

The Phosgene Kid said...

I've been to Flander's fields. Undoubtedly the most touching memorial I have ever seen. Great post.

~d said...

Well.
Incredibly touching.
Jeez.
Holla.

Toby said...

Some wars were essential, most were/are not, but I have a huge heart for the fallen and all that fought and are fighting on the wrong or right side. They are just tools following orders after all.

My cousin, Gilbert R. Nickerson, was killed in Vietnam. He stepped on a land mine. It was one of the many useless wars.

My real grandpa who I never new ..........................

wallycrawler said...

Yes Toby , my father lost his best friend and older brother in WWII . His plane went down in flames try'n to land in England after a bombing run . What we understand is the plane was badly shot up . My uncle Burdett was the "rear gunner" and was probably the first casualty . All men were lost .

Keshi said...

hey this is a nice dedication to all the war veterans.

And Wally matey u've missed all my Kiwi pics :)

Keshi.

wallycrawler said...

Sorry Keshi I've been very busy lately .

~d said...

I totally forgot what I came here to say. HAHAHA.

Darn!

wallycrawler said...

~d cum back anytime .