Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'm Just Think'n Back Today.

20 Years Ago This Weekend I Took Jake To da Florida Keys For His First Time.


This Is One Of da Bands I Was Really Into Back Then. I'm Sure I Drove Jake & Terry Crazy Play'n "World Party" & "The Waterboys" For Thousands Of Miles!

The Genius Of Karl Wallinger: Karl Is Not Part Of World Party, He IS World Party! He Wrote Most Of The Music For da Waterboys and Was da Musical Mind Behind Sinéad O'Connor.
Robbie Williams Covered Karl's Song "She's The One" Note For Note; Won Award After Award. World Party Still Makes Very, Very Good Pop Music With An Album Every Six Years Or So.
I'd Say He's Become An Eccentric Recluse Lately. In 2007 He Released "Best In Show". Best Of.
New Work Is On It's Way!

Karl Wallinger Is da Best Kept Secret In Rock.

Wally OOT!

4 Don't Just Sit There Say Sumthin !:

The Phosgene Kid said...

I still miss The Captain and Tenille. Wonder what ever happened to them??? Muskrat love lives!!!!!!!

wallycrawler said...

I Does Kid?... I mean it does!

My wife had a crush on that Capt. Dude. She made da mistake and told my daughter and I. We laughed our heads off at her and teased her unmercifully! Huge, huge, huge mistake!!! We crushed her. Every once and awhile we will bring it up at a dinner party.

HUGE Mistake!
Never tell us anything. You'll never live it down.

So you miss da Capt & Tennille eh?

Anonymous said...

NOW you tell us not to tell you anything? It's a little late for that, isn't it? At least you haven't been merciless with me :-)

Heff said...

I gots some Jam I'm postin' mydamnself Monday !