Friday, October 23, 2009

Death Of A Clown.



Soupy Sales was my afternoon hero. He made me laugh everyday. And for some reason made my Mom laugh just as hard? It wasn't until years later that I figured out she was laugh'n at something quite different. He was da king of double entendre.


Soupy took an afternoon kids show and made it "Must See T.V." I think Soupy pioneered da term? His bits were stolen by Late Night Shows for years during and after his show's demise. So long Soupy you influenced some of the best comics of our generation. You wont be forgotten.



"The Dick Van Dyke Show" did a story line about Soupy. They called him "The Suer", because he would sue anyone that infringed on his show's ideas and bits. This bit was done repeatedly by one T.V. show to another. Uncle Milty stole it for his crappy show! And I think at lest a million other shows stole it! Soupy wrote it and made it famous in da 50's. Soupy still did it best!


Thanx fer da laughs "Pie Man".


Wally

2 Don't Just Sit There Say Sumthin !:

Samantha K said...

Soupy Sales practically invented the immortal pie in the face gag -- they don't make em like that anymore...

wallycrawler said...

He was my early childhood hero.


"Can Soupy come out to play"?