Sunday, October 18, 2009

Al Sez No... Ta God?


Einstein's Letter:
Princeton, 3. 1. 1954

Dear Mr Gutkind,

Inspired by Brouwer’s repeated suggestion, I read a great deal in your book, and thank you very much for lending it to me ... With regard to the factual attitude to life and to the human community we have a great deal in common. Your personal ideal with its striving for freedom from ego-oriented desires, for making life beautiful and noble, with an emphasis on the purely human element ... unites us as having an “American Attitude.”

Still, without Brouwer’s suggestion I would never have gotten myself to engage intensively with your book because it is written in a language inaccessible to me. The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. ... For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstition. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong ... have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything “chosen” about them.

In general I find it painful that you claim a privileged position and try to defend it by two walls of pride, an external one as a man and an internal one as a Jew. As a man you claim, so to speak, a dispensation from causality otherwise accepted, as a Jew of monotheism. But a limited causality is no longer a causality at all, as our wonderful Spinoza recognized with all incision...

Now that I have quite openly stated our differences in intellectual convictions it is still clear to me that we are quite close to each other in essential things, i.e. in our evaluation of human behavior ... I think that we would understand each other quite well if we talked about concrete things.

With friendly thanks and best wishes,

Yours,

A. Einstein


Wally Sez: Many theologians love to state that Albert Einstein was a man that believed in the God concept. I'm at belief that Ol'Al was a very smart dude. He knew the power of the media. He also knew if at anytime that he misspoke about the actual validity of God his funding and job would simply disappear. Vanish. ((("Poof"))).
Al played it close to the vest when he had encounters with men of da cloth. He also played the media like a violin. When asked by the press about his thoughts about God Albert was a master of manipulation. He hid his true feelings, beliefs and his profound sense that it was a conspiracy.

"A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man." (Albert Einstein)

"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." (Albert Einstein, 1954)

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings." (Albert Einstein)


In doing what he did, making bullshit statements to the media and clergy, Einstein did a huge disservice to his fellow man. This was maybe his biggest in a long line of disservice he made to mankind? Sometimes when we hold back just to maintain our lifestyles we take a step backwards. We should all step up take our place in da world. Don't hold back just because you may hurt your marketable future. That is why I am going to make a giant leap this year. "Dam da torpedoes boys"... Wally is take'n a kick at da can. Again!

Stay tuned.
Sa Later.

2 Don't Just Sit There Say Sumthin !:

The Phosgene Kid said...

Nothing above us but sky...

wallycrawler said...

I'm still a believer in a creator. Who and what is another thing all together. The answers are here. I haven't a clue as to how to start? I don't believe anyone has an idea? I guess that's why so many are sucked inta organized religions and cults (same thing)?