Tuesday, April 08, 2008

"Good For Roots"!

Roots loses U.S. Olympic contract


Roots Canada has lost its contract to design the clothing for the U.S. Olympic team to American fashion giant Polo Ralph Lauren.
It's the second major Olympic loss for Roots in recent years. In 2005, Olympic organizers chose Hudson's Bay Co. to outfit Canada's Olympic teams through the 2012 Olympics — replacing Roots, which had outfitted Canada's team for the Olympics from 1998 to 2004.
Roots' distinctive red "poor boy" beret for the Canadian team at the 1998 Games in Nagano attracted a lot of attention to Roots.
The hat was a huge seller. Its popularity among Canadians and celebrities helped Roots to win the contract to outfit the U.S. team in 2002.
In an announcement on its website Monday, Polo Ralph Lauren said it would "bring an elegant and contemporary style" to the U.S. Olympic teams competing at this summer's Games in Beijing.
Clothing from the Polo Ralph Lauren U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Team collection will be available for Americans to buy in June.
Hudson's Bay says its Canadian collection for the Beijing Olympics will debut May 1.

What's not written here is "Roots" actually backed out'a their contract with the U.S. Olympic Team and "Ralph Lauren" stepped in. Still a great deal of "Roots" clothing are made in China, but their best products are still made in Canada. I say shop there this year. Shop wisely though. Read the labels.

Boycott "Ralph Lauren" and "H.B.C. companies" . "Zeller's" , "Winners", & "The Hudson Bay Stores".

This is the first in a series of blogs that will call on everyone to boycott certain stores and products this year.
Thanx Wally.

5 Don't Just Sit There Say Sumthin !:

wisdomstuff said...

My ex loves/loved Roots stuff. I actually just got him something for x-mas from them. I know, no one actually cares just thought I'd share.

wallycrawler said...

I care I love Roots stuff too!

I only buy the Canadian shit though and that's get'n harder to find!

Rita said...

Yay wally! I'm going to have my Boycott Beijing poster out at Coquille's 2nd ever peace rally tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you...

Peace!

wallycrawler said...

Way to go Maiden.

Send me some pics and I'll post em!!!

Anonymous said...

For sure! I'm going to link you concerning this issue.