Saturday, February 05, 2011

I've Been Wanting To Write About These Dudes For Weeks Now. I Just Don't Have Time With My Job. Anyway, Here's A Story About... Phoenix Jones & His Band Of "Kick-Ass" Copycats

Phoenix Jones Updated Photo.



Sadly, the fantastic movie Kick-Ass never really took off at the box office, but apparently it may have inspired new real-life "superheroes" without any actual powers to try and clean up the streets. The Seattle Post Intelligencer reports that a group calling themselves the Rain City Super Hero Movement as sprouted up, with nine ordinary folks donning costumes and going by such names as Thorn, Buster Doe, Green Reaper, Gemini, No Name, Catastrophe, Thunder 88, Penelope and Phoenix Jones the Guardian of Seattle.
Phoenix Jones the Guardian of Seattle
Phoenix Jones And Seatle's Finist.

Despite their good intentions, the Seattle cops say these seekers of justice are incredibly lucky that none of them have been seriously hurt yet. One "superhero" was almost shot while running out of a dark park and another group, who were wearing ski masks in a Kia, alarmed a witness who thought they were going to rob a gas station. Apparently the Kia was registered to one of the vigilante's godmother, who told the cops that she goes around the city doing good deeds.

It seems these ordinary heroes even have a few nemesis' as well, with Captain Ozone and Knight Owl, other costumed people, not being a part of the group. Phoenix Jones the Guardian of Seattle, who revealed his real identity to the police, also doesn't want just anybody taking to the streets with a mask. Here's what he told the site:

"I don't condone people walking around on the street with masks. Everyone on my team either has a military background or a mixed martial arts background, and we're well aware of what its costs to do what we do."


That's swell, but there's more. They are all a part of a national "organization" called the Real Life Superheroes movement. Look they have a website and everything. You can Click Here! to read the lengthy article to learn more about these Seattle superheroes. I wonder if these guys have Facebook pages yet... and if so, I hope they take suggestions for better superhero names...

Nov 21, 2010 by Brian Gallagher: MovieWeb.



Short note:    Phoenix Jones and his whole gang of Real Life Super-Heroes all have Facebook pages. I talked to him last week and he told me he had a Brown Belt In MMA style karate. I informed him my daughter also has her Brown Belt in MMA style fighting. He seemed impressed with her accomplishment. He asked if I wanted to go out with him on patrol, which kind'a surprised me at first. Then it made more sense to me. He really isn't doing this for fame, he really cares and wants to make a difference in his community. That impressed me more than any other action. I told him I lived in Eastern Canada. He still said I was always invited to join if I was ever in the area. Nice guy, this kid is fer sure!


There is also another crew of crime fighters. They belong to a fairly large group of Super-Heroes that is associated across America.
The group is called, funny enuff... Real Life Superheroes. or RLSH.



Keep Your Head Up Phoenix. Your a good dude.

See Ya
Wally

2 Don't Just Sit There Say Sumthin !:

Just telling it like it is said...

Sometimes sometimes when I am home alone I put on my wonder woman out fit and think of how I save lives in my mind

wallycrawler said...

... You had me at "sometimes".

Wonder Woman eh? That is a very interesting thought. Thank you.

I now have something to do.


& you don't have'ta be alone to do that do you?