Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wallycrawler's : Best Rock 'n Roll Albums Of All Time.

Part I


The 1960's:



1) Bob Dylan: "Blonde On Blonde".



2)The Beatles: "Rubber Soul".


3)The Rolling Stones: "Beggars Banquet".


4)The Beatles:

"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band".



5) The Beach Boys: "Pet Sounds".



6) The Doors: "The Doors".



7) Pink Floyd: "Ummagumma".



8) Jimi Hendrix: "Are You Experienced?"





9) The Band: "The Band".




10) Leonard Cohen:

"The Songs Of Leonard Cohen".



MIA: The Who: "Tommy".

Jefferson Airplane: "Surrealistic Pillow".

The Beatles: "Abby Road" , "Revolver".

I purposely didn't want to write any undo influences under each album. I'll keep my feelings to myself and post my reasons in the comments.

8 Don't Just Sit There Say Sumthin !:

concerned citizen said...

Great choices! I like them all & have most of them. My favorite from that list? I have to pick three...The Doors, Jimi Hendrix & Leonard Cohen.

Die Muräne said...

I'm not too much in this Beatles/Doors and stuff.

Probably I'm just too young for that... even thought I feel veeeery old today ;)

wallycrawler said...

Hey C/C I love it when you come by!

The reason I picked the "Dylan Album" number one isn't because it's the 1st' album I pull out to listen too, its because it influenced every other artist on that list. That single album challenged musicians of that time, The Beatles, The Stones...To stop making "Pop Music" and start recording serious music and lyrics.

My favorite song of that generation was..."My Generation"...Big surprise!

That and "A Day In A Life" by Lennon & McCartney.

__________________________________

Die Murane how da fuck do you put those two little dots over your "a"? That's been bother'n me for two years!

Ya your too young fer that decade, but ya wont be for the next, the 1970's. Oh ya you'll be too young fer that one too! Never mind, the music I'll pick you'll know.
_________________________________

wisdomstuff said...

I love the Beach Boys.

wallycrawler said...

Ya know "Wise-One", I was a Beach Boys snot grow'n up. Then I seen the Movie "Shampoo". Ya the Warren Beatty movie when he's a the only hetero hairdresser in Beverly Hills and he get all that hawt L.A. "Stuff"? Anyhoo, That movie's soundtrack is the album "Pet Sounds". I still think it's the definitive sound of 1960's. I think Warren Beatty thought so too. It's a very sad, mellow album. Also beautiful! After I saw "Shampoo" I became a Beach Boys fan.

Who knows if I was influanced by the music, the sad scenes they used to move us in that movie, or the anount of pussy Beatty was get'n in that film, I'll never know , but "Pet Sounds" is still one of my favs.

wisdomstuff said...

He washed cats? :-)

Die Muräne said...

haha, the two dots are regular german writting:

a without 'dots' is spelled like the u in 'fuck' or 'much'
a with 'dots' is spelled like a in 'bad' or 'and'
compris? was a pleasure to be your teacher ;P

Oh, prob I'll remember the seventies. I'm '71 ;)

wallycrawler said...

Yes Wise One Warren Beatty bathed a lot'a young nubile pussies...With his tongue!

OK Wisenheimer, did ya ever ask yourself what Annette Bening has that he'd give up all that, "stuff"?

That's one of the great mysteries of the 20th. century!

__________________________________

Oh ya! I forgot DM!!!

71...Weeks old.