Thursday, October 25, 2007

Wallycrawler's Best Albums Of All Time: The 70's

Here We Go...



1) The Ramones: "Ramones".



2) Supertramp: "Crime Of The Century".






3) David Bowie: "Ziggy Stardust
And The Spiders From Mars".




4) John Lennon: "Imagine".





5) Pink Floyd: "Wish You Were Here".





6) Black Sabbath: "Paranoid".



7) Sex Pistols: "Never Mind The Bollocks".



8) Spirit: "Twelve Dreams Of Dr.Sardonicus".




9) The Who: "Who's Next".

Tie For Tenth...

10a) Rolling Stones: "Exile On Main St."






10b) Queen: "Queen II".





MIA

The Clash "The Clash"
John Lennon "Walls And Bridges"- "Mind Games"
Led Zeppelin: "Houses Of The Holy"
Rolling Stones: ""Goats Head Soup" - "Some Girls"
Pink Floyd: "Dark Side Of The Moon"
The Who: "Quadrophenia".

16 Don't Just Sit There Say Sumthin !:

wisdomstuff said...

I'm not on board with all your choices but some are very good. Have a great weekend, Wally.

wallycrawler said...

Let me guess. The Ramones & Da Sex Pistols?

Am I right "Ol'Wise'n Owl"?

Ill tell ya why on both if that's the ones.

I am have'n a good weekend too...Now if only the Bills win today it would be almost perfect!

wisdomstuff said...

Okay, are your guesses the ones I like or dislike? If you said like, you are right, although Supertramp is right up there too. I also like Bowie but not Ziggy. I'm anti Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath and Who. Just not my thing.

And I have to say, you always make me LOL, referring to the last comment you left. Have a great Sunday, you know the Bills are gonna lose, right? :-) I'm not saying that because I want them to, I'm saying it because they suck. Yeah, SO is ready to shoot me too! (HUG)

The Phosgene Kid said...

Funny, I just bought a "Best of the Ramones" CD last night.

wallycrawler said...

Wise-One how can you be anti-Who.

That's kind'a like be'n anti-chocolate or anti-vodka!

and haha da Bills won again!

__________________________________

Great minds think alike eh Kid?

wisdomstuff said...

Damn Bills can't do anything right :-)

How can I? Quite easy actually. I can think of several reasons.

TK Kerouac said...

#2 #3 #5 Got me through my teens.
Supertramp has been on the airwaves all week, whats with that?

wisdomstuff said...

Oh, and you didn't say how you guessed which I liked.... inquiring minds want to know.

wallycrawler said...

I dunno "MTM" I never listen to local radio anymore. I haven't listen to Toronto or Barrie radio for go'n on two years. I've got Sirius & XM satellite radio and and I'll never listen to terrestrial radio again.

Especially what's on the Toronto area. The whole area is owned by Rogers and Can West Global. CWG has a total conservative slant. Almost a "Fundamentalist Christian Conservative" slant! Fuck that! The radio industry is over, it's toast. So is local TV. CWG is run'n amuck!!!

Anyhoo I dunno! Love Supertramp though. I seen them at Massey Hall I think it was in 76 and then at Maple Leaf Gardens during "Even In The Quietest Moments" tour. I stop listen to them after the "Breakfast In America" album. I found that a sell-out album.

__________________________________

;) I can tell ya alot about yourself "O'Wisenheimer".
Wanna know what colour undies your wear'n? ;0

wisdomstuff said...

Oh sure, give it a shot, oh Wise Wally. You think you have it in you?

wallycrawler said...

Skin colour.

wisdomstuff said...

Wally, only skanky girls wear no panties, or at least that is my take on it. Nice try though :-)

wallycrawler said...

Oh is that what I attract?

I never knew the class of women I dated til now.

Ain't I lucky?!?!

wisdomstuff said...

Perhaps I should be concerned I gave off skank vibes ;-)

If nothing else, it cuts down on the prep time.

Mackenzie said...

Houses of the Holy is in my CD player right now, but I think I'm gonna switch it with some Black Sabbath.

I am Ironman!

Anonymous said...

well those are some great choices for 70's albums...never realized you where so cool! Have a good one!